Get ahead of the curve with an ImPACT Baseline Concussion Test!
Athletes and individuals who engage in contact or collision sports should get a baseline reading for their cognitive functioning. With a baseline ImPACT test, the athlete, coach, parent, and medical team will have valuable information regarding the nature and severity of potential head injuries.
Who Should Use ImPACT:
The ImPACT Team recommends the evidence-based guidelines below for determining which athletes should be given a baseline test. We recommend that Contact/Collision sport athletes receive a baseline, whereas normative data can be used for all other injured athletes.
ImPACT Test Features:
- Measures player symptoms
- Measures verbal and visual memory, processing speed and reaction time
- Reaction time measured to a 1/100th of second
- Assists clinicians and athletic trainers in making difficult return-to-play decisions
- Provides reliable baseline test information
- Produces a comprehensive report of test results
Cognitive Functions That ImPACT Tests:
- Attention span
- Working memory
- Sustained and selective attention time
- Response variability
- Non-verbal problem solving
- Reaction time
It is tough to prevent a head injury, which is why the concussion-impact testing at Body Resolution is so important to our athletes.
The baseline balance and brain function for each athlete will be compiled and delivered to coaches and parents so that if by chance anything should happen during a game or practice you will be prepared.
Contact Body Resolution at 802-658-5800 to schedule your athlete’s ImPACT Test today!